The UI Developer will be responsible for helping design, develop, and maintain BackOffice’s products. We use a myriad of technologies and have both on-prem Enterprise and cloud native software.
In this position, you will be joining a team whose primary focus is on building web based applications deployed on the Amazon Web Services platform. Our frontend is an AngularJS SPA that uses Foundation for Apps. It’s version controlled in Github, automatically built in CircleCI, and runs in a Docker container on our container infrastructure in AWS. This is our stack today, and we are always in need of good help in our mission to improve.
A successful candidate will be joining a team with members across North America, and as such, the ability to work remotely and with remote colleagues is of the utmost importance. The candidate will work closely with developers, product owners, and DevOps staff. This role’s responsibility will be developing software products not just through slinging code, but developing prototypes, reaching consensus, and keeping the UI and UX best practices in mind.
While the position is specifically for a UI developer, a successful candidate will have opportunities to explore the broader scope of cloud based application development, API design, and deployment in the Amazon Web Services environment. We are expanding our AWS and cloud footprint everyday, and are always on the lookout for improving not just what we do, but how we do it.
- Experience in software engineering, with web-based UI/UX development in cloud environments
- We believe in continuous delivery and full integration of the lifecycle: Dev, Ops, Quality
- Highly distributed team that embraces a “remote-first” model even if you are at an office
- We are agile not Agile™, no ties to a prescribed process here, we keep it lean and adapt continuously
- Help us innovate and continue our mission of building a great team building great products
- Git for version control, required
- Experience with frameworks enabling the development of responsive web applications is a strong plus
- Experience with test-driven development or web-based UI testing suites, a plus
- Experience with HTML / CSS, and languages that compile to these like SCSS
- Experience using modern techniques for developing HTML (e.g. grids, flexbox, progressive web apps)
- Back-end development experience a bonus
- Ability to work as part of a highly distributed team. Great verbal and written communication skills via Slack, Google Hangouts, etc. is a must
- Teamwork mentality for building, reviewing, and shipping code: reach out, communicate, and demonstrate
- AWS, AngularJS, SCSS, microservices, Foundation for Apps, Postgres, Dynamo, Git, GitHub, Gulp, NodeJS, Go, Python, ElasticSearch, Linux, CircleCI, Jenkins, Artifactory
Technology That We Currently Use
BackOffice Associates, LLC offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, 401k, long term disability, life insurance and a paid time off program.
If you are interested in this or any one of the exciting career opportunities at BackOffice Associates®, please go to www.boaweb.com and view our Careers section, where you should complete the on-line application process.
BackOffice Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer