Requisition ID: 64181
- Prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town / city officials in a positive, collaborative and team-building manner.
- Lead the preparation of design deliverables for underground transmission lines including plan and profiles, ampacity calculations, pulling calculations, material selection, duct bank design, and construction specifications in compliance with safety, environmental and client standards and policies.
- Review and approve drawings and material lists developed by designers.
- Develop project estimates and schedules, evaluate design options and criteria for technical merit, and conduct field visits to verify routing conditions and parameters.
- Review drawings for manufacturers and use pertinent information in the production of design drawings.
- Knowledge of engineering economics, surveying, geographical information systems, electrical engineering, and environmental and legal regulations
- At least ten years’ experience in underground transmission line design
- Understanding of ANSI, ASTM & ASCE standards, IEC, ICEA, AEIC and NESC
- Proficiency in CYMCAP or ETAP and Pull-Planner
- Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation (desired)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical or civil engineering from an accredited engineering institute
- Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
- Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.