This position is part of the Cardiology Value Creation Category Team. Value Creation Category Teams are responsible for comprehensive affordability strategy development, direction, and execution within a category (e.g. Oncology & Genetic Testing, Musculoskeletal, Emergency Department, Cardiology, Ancillary, and Lab Services). Teams focus on cost, utilization management, quality improvement, revenue maximization, and improved provider and member experience. The Program Manager manages cross-functional teams, strategies and plans; engages organizational partners to execute on comprehensive Value Creation strategy for the Cardiology space.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for affordability strategy performance within a category
- Participates in the development of business strategy and manages business plans to achieve objectives
- Creates infrastructure and parameters for work stream, and manages cross-functional work stream strategies and plans
- Acts as a strategic thought leader and enterprise-wide medical cost SME for the category, and regularly engages and works in concert with internal team partners including project management office (PMO), Regional Affordability, and other matrix partners within UCS to execute on category strategies
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Fosters relationships with matrix partners/stakeholders
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Leads large, complex programs to achieve key business objectives
- Directs cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- Responsible for significant contributions ideation and pipeline development through rigorous evaluation of category environment, underlying medical spend, emerging trends and costs, etc.
- 5+ years in managed care health plan management experience with accountability for business results
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of health care industry
- Strong negotiation skills; the ability to gain acceptance from others of a plan or idea and achieve a mutually beneficial outcome
- Demonstrated ability to manage others and processes through influence; ability to influence in executive settings
- Ability to optimize resources using strong interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and an attitude that fosters teamwork and supports organizational goals
- Ability to form alliances with supporting organizations and work in a matrixed environment
- Solid data analysis and interpretation skills; ability to focus on key metrics
- Experience with network contracting
- Prior artificial intelligence experience
- Knowledge of Cardiology field
- Master’s degree
- Superior presentation skills
- Strategic thinking with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong team player
- Self-starter, initiates work independently
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.