Job Details: Nursing Consultant - O'Fallon, IL
The DSCC Home Care Program Care Coordinator / Nursing Consultant provides care coordination services to families eligible for DSCC Home Care Services within a particular geographic area and provides consultation to other members of the multi-disciplinary team utilizing skills and knowledge acquired from academic training and professional experience as a Registered Nurse.
Provides care coordination services:
- Assists families in collecting necessary medical and financial information necessary for Healthcare & Family Services (HFS) to determine eligibility for Home Care Services:
- Refers cases to ARM/RM who will forward to Homecare Compliance and Audit (HCCA) who then refers to the entity or entities identified by Healthcare & Family Services responsible for conducting the nursing required as part of the HFS eligibility determination for the Home Care Program.
- Develops and implements a care coordination plan that is participant / family-centered, community-based and coordinated.
- Monitors the care coordination plan activities.
- Revises the care coordination plan to address the changing and ongoing concerns and priorities of the family.
- Coordinates all available health care benefits.
- Assists families as needed as they interview prospective home care providers to assess suitability and monitors provider services.
Participates as a member of the Regional Office multi-disciplinary team:
- Complies with University, Division, Regional Office and HFS policy and procedures.
- Provides discipline based expertise to the Home Care Regional Office multi disciplinary team.
- Complies with state and federal regulations related to children enrolled in the Home Care Program or any subsequent program related to in-home care for children with complex medical needs.
Promotes interagency collaboration and an organized network of integrated services:
- Provides community education programs regarding DSCC services.
- Participates in developing and/or implementing a networking plan for the Home Care Regional Office.
Participates in special projects impacting DSCC:
- Participates in agency committees/projects on a regional or statewide basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends all internal staffings on assigned home care clients, and provides technical assistance and assesses compliance with current policy and procedure.
- Provides technical assistance and training to new case coordinators as needed.
- Acts as liaison between the Home Care Regional Office, HFS and DHS on assigned cases
1. Licensed as a registered professional nurse in the State of Illinois.
2. Bachelor’s degree.
3. Two years of public health or specialized nursing experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Nursing: 2 years
- Registered Nurse (RN)