The Program Specialist provides daily operational, administrative, and clerical support for the Office of Student Affairs. This position provides a high level of customer service to all OSU-CHS constituents and visitors. This position demonstrates and models an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, faculty, and support staff. The Program Specialist supports the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management. This position also assists in collecting and reviewing work study agreements. The Program Specialist assists the Registrar with students' records requests when needed and provides support to Financial Aid staff and students making financial aid requests.
Possible exposure to hazardous material, hot and cold, blood borne pathogens.
Ability to lift and carry 8-10 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- Two (2) years of administrative support experience
- Knowledge of computer software programs and the ability to learn and use other systems that may be used within the University or department
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Accuracy in work
- Attention to detail
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to function effectively within a team
- File maintenance
- Excellent customer service, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Two (2) year's experience in Higher Education
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.