This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour shift: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a health related field
- Two years’ worksite wellness program development and communications experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of worksite wellness best practices
- Program development and implementation experience including research, datacollection, and analysis.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and members of leadership in order to implement new initiatives.
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience acting as a consultant; providing education and resources to organizations and community members
- Ability to establish positive relationships with various levels of staff and vendors
- Health education and/or coaching background with an expertise in nutrition,exercise, and behavior change
- Organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Worksite Wellness Certification
Under the direction of the Wellness Manager at Sharp Health Plan, the On-siteWellness Consultant is responsible for coordinating and promoting participationin external clients’ health education and wellness programs; coordination and management of the Wellness Champion training program; serves as liaison betweenSharp Health Plan and the external client to promote the wellness program;responsible for deployment, implementation, and integration of the healtheducation and wellness programs; and acts as a health promotion resource to theexternal client employees. Will also initiate studies, gather statistical dataand trend outcomes.
The Sharp Health Plan Wellness Team, Best Health, works with members and employer groups to achieve their organizational and individual goals around healthand start people on their journey to achieving their best health.
Sharp Health Plan is San Diego’s only locally based commercial health plan.With a personal approach and a superior network of medical groups andphysicians, Sharp Health Plan advocates for its members by providingunparalleled quality and access to health care services. It operates as anot-for-profit health plan, committed to delivering the best health care forthe best value.
As one of the top-rated health plans in California (as measured by the CAHPS satisfaction survey), Sharp Health Plan serves a growing number of companies,large and small, in San Diego and southern Riverside counties.