- The Patient Access Representative will be responsible for answering phone calls in a patient-focused manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, accurate data collection, ability to identify available resources and match the patient and/or referring provider to an accessible solution as necessary to achieve excellence in customer service
- Collecting and verifying patient and insurance demographics, identifying patient preferences and assisting patients and/or providers by scheduling appointments in a timely manner are key functions of this role
Two years of experience in a healthcare office or call center setting preferred
High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Excellent phone communication skills
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced call center environment
- Ability to multi-task, have attention to detail, strong organization skills, and a team player
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to independently resolve problems
- Demonstrates a functional and technical understanding of applicable scheduling software and use of medical record technology
- Resourceful out-of-the box thinker, ensuring timely resolution of patient needs
Scheduling, Administrative, Patient Access
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.