Paratransit Drivers needed in Kansas City, MO.
Transdev is hiring Paratransit Drivers in Kansas City to provide passengers with disabilities with safe, friendly transportation in vehicles designed for wheelchair lifts, seats and other special access. This position focuses on non-emergency medical transportation, but we welcome candidates with experience in customer service, home health-care, and providing high-quality patient or other care. Transdev proudly serves our communities with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) transportation. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
- Drive a transit bus and transport passengers around Kansas Cityin a safe and courteous manner
- Greet passengers, ensure fare payment and maintain a safe environment
- Notify dispatch of any incidents, accidents, mechanical concerns
- Other duties as required
- 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license (MO Class E, KS Class C or CDL from either State)
- Clean driving record
- Excellent customer and communication skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and breath alcohol tests and obtain a DOT medical card
- Pass a criminal record check - no felonies allowed per contract
Physical Requirements Include Ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Lift, push, pull without assistance
- Move up and down stairs easily
- Reaching, bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2018-9096
Position Category Driver/Operator - Bus, Paratransit, Taxi, Limo, Shuttle
Internal Reference TOD
Company/Division Kansas City Transportation Group