The paralegal will assist one of the company’s Associate General Counsel with all of his areas of legal responses, including but not assistance with trademark matters and a variety of other legal matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate document execution and record-keeping
- Organize, maintain, and timely renew documentation for company land and assets
- Perform legal and factual research, including identification of relevant legal authority
- Review and optimize internal legal records and other miscellaneous documents
- Interact with in-house and outside counsel on various matters as assigned
- Draft agreements and subsequent amendments
- Assist in maintaining a contract database and contract tracking
- Ability to prioritize among urgent tasks and to filter key items to in-house counsel as needed
- Thorough knowledge of contractual principles, legal terminology, and legal research
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient research, analytical, critical thinking, and writing skills
- Ability to work with a team as well as accomplish tasks independently
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software
Education and Experience
- Paralegal certificate with 2-5 years’ experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time and may be required to talk and listen to employees and/customers.
- Employee may work in an office setting
- Must be able to tolerate the scent of essential oils worn or diffused