ClosetMaid is the worldwide leader in home storage and organization, offering innovative wire and laminate/wood storage systems for use in bedrooms, kitchens, family rooms, laundry rooms, home offices, garages, and more.
Operate mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment to fabricate, finish, or package products. As well as, operate, set-up, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot manufacturing machinery, at various stations in their primary role and as relief support for lunch, breaks, and vacations as required.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Operates various types of powered equipment as required to sustain productivity by moving work in process and finished product to the point of use within the department.
- Maintains communication flow with supervisor and other operators on changes, concerns, or feedback to the departments operation and processes. Utilize MDI boards and other visual communication tools in achieving this duty.
- Must possess the necessary skills to assist the supervisor and relieves team members/other operators for lunch, breaks, vacation and other attendance related support.
- Insures that any product being produced with their involvement meets the minimum standards of quality and quantity as specified.
- Uses measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, control boards, etc.) to monitor the production processes and log information. This includes interacting with the necessary computer related equipment to monitor processes.
- Assists in production changeovers and performs preventative maintenance on equipment as needed while maintaining good housekeeping standards.
- Will be required to provide hand tools not supplied by the department and maintain appropriate control of tools and parts when issued to them.
- Able to attain Certified Powered Equipment Operator within 1 month
- Must be familiar with common mechanical tools and their uses
- HS/GED preferred
- Certified Powered Equipment Operator for 3 months preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience in any type of mechanically oriented role preferred
No calls or agencies please. ClosetMaid will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ClosetMaid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by contacting Human Resources at 1-352-401-6317 or by sending an email to Careers.Closetmaid@emerson.com to make appropriate arrangements.
Actually, it’s all about you. We began with a desire to help people improve the storage in their home. Founded in 1965 in Delray Beach, Florida, we were the first to manufacture ventilated wire shelving for closets in new home construction. We grew quickly, and in 1970 moved to our current headquarters in Ocala, Florida. Today we are the worldwide leader in home storage and organization, offering innovative wire and laminate/wood storage systems for use in bedrooms, kitchens, family rooms, laundry rooms, home offices and garages – wherever people need to store and organize their things.
ClosetMaid®, a business unit of Griffon Corporation (NYSE:GFF), is the worldwide leader in home storage and organization, offering innovative wire and laminate/wood storage systems for use in bedrooms, kitchens, family rooms, laundry rooms, home offices and garages – wherever people need to store and organize their things. Our products are available at home improvement stores, mass merchants, online, and from ClosetMaid Authorized Dealers.
ClosetMaid offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), & PTO.