- Loves to write! Strong writing background and ability to meet deadlines
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- Marketing maven. Ability to plan, build and execute marketing partnerships with community organizations and events. Creative. Outgoing. Social.
- You reside in Kansas area and consider yourself a local expert.
About the job:
- Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
- Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations; barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your Community Manager, brand ambassadors, interns and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Marketing Assistant?
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
- Co-managing the Twitter handle.
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
- Online community building.
Other fun requirements:
- 4-year college/university degree.
- Currently living, eating, breathing (or working) in Kansas City.
- Experience with social networking, social media, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning.
- THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION. Flexible 20 hours per week.
- Marketing assistants must be 21+ and have reliable transportation and own laptop.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience.
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile – this is your writing sample, so make it snappy!