Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Legal Analyst located in San Ramon, CA through October 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
The individual must perform delegated paralegal tasks under the guidance and direction of attorneys, including:
- Provide pre-publication review of marketing, PR and advertising materials.
- Review and clear marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as FTC Regulations & Guidelines).
- Partner with communications teams to identify necessary substantiation for claims made in corporate print, broadcast and digital advertising.
- Advise clients on social media issues, including disclosure requirements and endorsement guidelines on social media posts and advertising.
- Review marketing materials for TV and video services.
- Assist in obtaining affidavits and releases for use of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyright, name and likeness rights, etc.
- Assist trademark and copyright team with trademark, copyright and domain name issues as needed.
- Issue spot and review corporate marketing materials as produced and developed by Policy, Government and Public Affairs (PGPA) and outside agencies.
- In consultation with Department attorneys/managers, provide advice to Marketing groups on all of the above topics.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two years of experience with Intellectual Property, Advertising, Promotions as an in-house or law firm paralegal or attorney.
- Background in all or some of the following areas: Trademark, Copyright, Promotions, Privacy, Entertainment and Advertising Law
- Ability to effectively analyze and communicate legal issues across broad functional and organizational lines (e.g., business partners, and attorneys).
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing, and research skills.
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who is adept at working in a true team environment and partnering with management, business partners, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and staff.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or a law degree.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.