Entry level position for Land Survey Technician
CGA Engineers, Inc. Civil engineering firm is looking for a Land Survey Technician to join our firm. The ideal candidate will have experience working on municipal, private and/or ODOT roadways. The individual will serve as a surveyor’s assistant. This position offers the opportunity for long-term full time employment with the company.
- Set up, adjust and operate equipment used at surveying job sites
- Measure, record and calculate data based on readings from instruments and/or plats, etc.
- Lay-out and recover markings, monuments and other signifiers
- Assist in performing construction surveys and staking for roads, buildings, utilities, etc.
- Assist in performing surveys in order to define boundaries and related right-of-ways
- Assist in performing surveys for title discrepancies and/or disputes
- Assist in performing surveys for topographical, ALTA’s etc.
- Use a variety of instruments including total station levels, plump bob, GPS etc.
- Responsible for maintaining vehicle, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of field techniques and relative language
- Ability to read plats, plots, assessor maps, quadratic maps, property abstracts/titles, etc.
- Familiarity with County Clerk and related offices
- Creating legible notes, sketches, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to perform task in a group and/or independently
- Ability to lift, pull, carry, push and move objects in excess of 60 lbs.
- Perform work for extended periods in all types of weather while retaining a high degree of accuracy
- Basic math skills are a MUST.
- High School Diploma
- Basic computer skills
- Being able to work out of town for brief periods (including overnight stays)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 2 to 3 years experience
- Surveying and/or Civil Engineering Associates degree
- Knowledge of MicroStation
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday time
- Retirement Plan
- Advancement Opportunities
This is a full time position. Hours will vary slightly depending on season and weather.
Job Type: Full-time