Job DescriptionAbout WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Inventory Parts Associate - Tacoma, WA
801 E. Portland Ave
Tacoma, WA 98421
Storeroom Clerk :
As a WestRock Mill Inventory Parts Associate (Storeroom), you’ll provide clerical support, expertise and knowledge to day to day routine and non-routine functions to receive, cycle count, warehouse, issue and account for materials used to maintain mill equipment and acilities. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities required in: Material Handling, Inventory Control, Computer Operations, Cost Analysis and Space Utilization. Extensive contact with personnel from other departments is required for the purpose of receiving, locating, issuing materials and supporting mill departments. This position also has considerable contact with outside personnel for the purpose of facilitating deliveries and resolving issues related to material disposition. This position functions from the Central Stores offices and has responsibility for satellite facilities on the mill site. The worker must be highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and effectively manage interruptions and changing priorities in a paper and pulp mill which operates 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
This is a salaried non-exempt position reporting to the Storerooom Supervisor. Work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8 hours per day. Overtime and weekends required as needed.
Work Activities/Duties :
- Ensure the ongoing safety of yourself and other crew members by making safety your first priority and participating in mill safety programs. *Receive, identify, inspect, count and document stores and direct purchase materials.
- Re-stock materials as necessary.
- Operate storeroom equipment in safe and efficient manner. This includes but may not be limited to: forklifts, overhead cranes and other mobile equipment.
- Perform daily cycle counts as required.
- Deliver materials to customers as required.
- Perform computerized data input for storeroom and direct purchase material transactions. Track and audit location data on direct purchase materials.
- Perform shipping functions through common carriers for samples and returned materials.
- Perform inspections and evaluations as required for weekly and monthly checklists.
- Identify, locate and issue materials.
- Clean, service and issue safety equipment.
- Work overtime, scheduled and unscheduled as required to support mill. May be required to be “on call” to support after hours stores operations.
- Perform housekeeping functions as required.
- Ensure new inventory items are properly integrated into the stores system and existing items are monitored and adjusted to meet the mill’s needs.
- Suggest improvements to material handling and tracking systems to maximize efficiency in all operating areas.
- Coordinates and communicates with other departments, vendors and contractors to facilitate resource assignment and utilization.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Washington State Drivers License required.
- 3 - 5 years of Warehousing, Stores or Distribution Center required.
- Extensive computer knowledge, including MS Office required.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated accuracy required.
- Proven investigative and problem solving skills required.
- Previous manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Advanced training in the area of logistics preferred.
- Pulp/Paper manufacturing experience helpful.
- Technical aptitude, a hands-on mind set and solid MS Office proficiency.
- Adept at organizing self and others.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task -- handling a variety of tasks supporting storeroom activities.
- Ability to perform detailed work & create/update reports with accuracy.
- Ability to develop and maintain proficiency on stores procedures and computer program.
- Self-starter and able to work independently as well as take direction from senior staff.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills - proactive nature, with a proven track record of working with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve results and meet storeroom goals and schedules.
- Demonstrates initiative and is self-directed, anticipating needs and suggesting improvements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong teamwork style and a passion for achieving goals. Able to manage competing and fluid
- Interface effectively with operational, maintenance and management personnel to ensure continuity of efforts.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and conduct work with high level of professionalism.
Apply your skills to increase efficiency, reliability and productivity in WestRock’s manufacturing environment performing tasks and duties which support the mill. In this role, heavy emphasis is placed on safety, teamwork, initiative, organizational skills and problem solving. As a steward of the community, you will also gain a knowledge and appreciation for reducing environmental impact as a professional working in the
What we offer :
- Work culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k), life insurance, STD & LTD.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
To Apply, Please visit the WestRock Website www.westrock.com
Under Careers & Location: search for Tacoma Mill / Inventory Parts Associate
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.