Job DescriptionThe position is responsible for the overall cleanliness and upkeep of an assigned Residence Hall area and reports to a Housekeeping Team Leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Sweep, mop and scrub floors, stairs (inside and outside buildings) and other surfaces;
• Clean and dust furniture, exhibit cases, pictures, door trims and chalkboards;
• Wash window sills, glass in corridors and glass in telephone booths;
• Wash glass and trim in entrance doors;
• Clean and service lavatories, toilet rooms and restrooms;
• Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers,
• Replace liners in wastebaskets and trash containers,
• Report items that need repair (doors, door checks, furniture lights, and faucets);
• Collect and place in container or plastic bags trash and debris, place trash in collection area for removal by sanitation trucks;
• Wash and/or clean interior wall spaces by hand using ladders as required;
• Wash and replace Venetian blinds and wash ceiling fixtures, using ladders as required;
• Vacuum rugs in office and public areas.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; be able to interact in a diverse community and adapt to changing situations.
Good oral and written communication skills required, with the ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must have the ability to speak effectively when interacting with the Spelman community and the public.
Must be able to utilize e-mail systems such as Lotus Notes or Outlook.
This position may require driving.
Must be able to provide proof of education requirement.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
A minimum of two years of related work experience is preferred.
Basic computer software skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) are preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Restrictions
Valid Georgia Driver’s License preferred.
Must be able to frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs.
% Travel Required
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Vacancies
Anticipated Candidate Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Closing Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Spelman College is an EEO /Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify. We are a smoke-free campus.