Group Leader - Paint Production
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of the Daimler Group’s many success stories. The Daimler Group consists of several companies with more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice the core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day. We believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Here in North Charleston, SC, Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is writing an exciting chapter in Daimler’s history as we add the first U.S. van production plant for the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, in addition to our existing assembly operation for Sprinter and METRIS vans. Our slogan is “Vans. Born to Run.” and we invite engaged, innovative job candidates to run the ramp up of our new facility with us!
Responsible for direct supervision of employees; Production Quality; Production Quantity; Production Technicians; Adherence to work rules by Production Associates; Application of disciplinary procedures to Production Associates; Identification of possible work force and work place issues and conveyance of these to management.
- Ensure cooperation with Engineering in the implementation and evaluation of development experiments, as well as troubleshooting efforts
- Identify possible adjustments to processes and procedures to improve quality & production through put
- Review production schedule, assign associates to maximize production objectives
- Maintain the system and carry out actions necessary to ensure compliance with department certification programs, quality System Audit Program, and TS 16949 registration
- Remove obstacles so teams may operate effectively to insure emphasis on satisfying the customer’s needs and requirements
- Training and Development of Production Associates to meet safety, regulatory, quality, and production requirements
- Routinely provide performance feedback and conduct routine performance reviews for each associate
- Review & maintain training material and documentation
- Provide next level management with any requested reports, updates, info, etc.
- Communicate daily with other shifts and Team Leads regarding quality, workload capacity, safety, staffing, equipment or component problems
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment for all plant employees and visitors
- Maintain and enforce all housekeeping/safety regulations including the handling of hazardous materials
- Responsible for ensuring that department budgets are adhered to
- Participate in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in material, equipment, and procedures
- Reduce process variation and improve production yield
- High School Diploma or GED
- Leadership/supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to effectively communicate at all levels using verbal and written media
- Experience with giving constructive feedback and ability to discipline
- Automotive Paint experience desired
- Experience with robotic and automation equipment is a plus
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Metris van was added to the assembly line in 2015.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC announced in March 2015 that it will invest $500 million in construction of a new Sprinter production plant, in addition to an expansion of existing operations. In July 2016, MBV officially broke ground on the site of its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade.
More than 112,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.