Job Description“Be A Part of Our Passionate & Committed Team!"
#### Why you will enjoy this job
Waterford Hotel Group is continuously looking to meet the best and brightest talent that the hospitality industry has to offer. Waterford is dedicated to the growth and development of our Associates and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. If you want to be part of a team that embraces collaboration with a focus on continuous improvement and you think you have what it takes to “wow” our customers, we invite you to explore a career with Waterford Hotel Group.
#### We currently have an exciting opportunity for a General Manager at the Hyatt House in Waltham, MA and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding this position as well as to answer any questions you might have regarding the company.
We are seeking a General Manager that is capable of maximizing revenue, minimizing expenses, motivating the team and maintaining the asset. They are ultimately responsible for leading their market and exceeding guest and associate expectations. We are looking for charismatic leaders that are confident in their ability to excel.
As a Hotel General Manager, you will function as the primary strategic business leader for your assigned property, and will oversee all aspects of the operation, including management of: general property performance, as well as sales and marketing strategy, profitability, and revenue generation, and human resources activities. This will involve leading your team in the development, and implementation of property-wide strategies with the overall goal of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, and delivering a return on investment.
**Your specific duties in this role will include**
- Ensuring that service programs are in place and executed
- Providing timely real-time feedback to management, and hourly associates on service and operational standards
- Creating, and supporting clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day
- Working with the Regional Sales office (RSO) to implement sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates, etc.)
- Working with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, goals, and action plans
- Developing innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities
- Measuring, analyzing, and communicating property performance using a variety of financial/non-financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data.
- Managing the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participating in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic update meetings, etc.)
- Conducting day-to-day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle)
- Ensuring ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.)
- Actively recruiting and hiring qualified associates
- Keeping brand leadership team, owners, and above property stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of financials, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement
- Performing additional duties as required
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring Guest Satisfaction
- Associate Team building and Development
- Communications and Business Plan Follow-thru
- Financial and Budgetary Goal Attainment
- Hands-on Sales & Marketing Goal Attainment
- Facility Engineering Plan Development and Follow-thru
- Overseeing all hotel departments including F & B, Housekeeping, Front Desk, Engineering and Bookkeeping
We are looking for a Hotel General Manager, who combines meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and energetic personality. It is important that you are able to effectively manage P&L and financials to ensure your location’s continued profitability. You should also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer-service and marketing abilities.
**Specific qualifications for the role include**
- Associate’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Bachelor’s degree, a plus
- 4 years experience (2 years with a Bachelor’s degree) in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area
- Experience in implementing payroll and inventory cost controls
- Strong sales and marketing abilities
- Previous Hotel General Manager experience is required.
- Previous Hyatt experience a definite plus.
- Extended Stay Hotel background preferred.
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free.
**We offer our eligible Associates a number of benefits to enhance their health and well-being: **
- Group insurance, including medical, dental, vision and company-paid life insurance
- Paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- Voluntary benefits including short term disability, accident, life and critical illness
- Life enrichment benefits including educational assistance, hotel discounts, travel assistance and more