At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Works with Engineers to support and improve operations. Assists Engineers in developing new processes and develop new / emerging technologies. Work is not very routine in nature. Responsible for a wide range of tasks that also may include being a lead over a large group of employees that are in a more routine position.
1. Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards. Considered an expert in the field and consultant to management. Requires day to day problem solving that is not routine in nature.
2. Works from schematics and drawings. Assists engineers to create, modify, and test products and processes. Performs research and development during creation phase of product. Meets negotiated engineering budget & schedule. Requires fully proficient computer and tool skills used in the position such as MS Office suite as well as other software or applicable machines or tools.
3. Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity, innovation and creativity. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
4. Demonstrates project ownership. Capable of working through obstacles to achieve project success.
5. Work is performed with minimal oversight. Exercises considerable latitude in determining how to achieve the objectives. Completed work reviewed from a relatively long term perspective for desired results.
6. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the project. Trains or leads other less senior technicians and operators.
7. Numerous internal contacts and variety of external customer contacts. Represents the organization in developing solutions to complex technical issues.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.