About the right team member:
You are a full-stack marketer who has demonstrated an ability to attract customers at scale and contribute to revenue growth in a creative, resourceful and data-driven manner. You are a great teammate who is also a self-starter and leader among peers. You consistently build strong internal and external relationships, and never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and learn new things. You're excited to lead a fast-moving, small team that's a startup within a startup. Most importantly, you’re seeking an opportunity that will accelerate your personal and professional development, surrounded by focused, analytical and compassionate people.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Serve as the Head of Growth for Betterment’s two B2B business lines: Betterment for Advisors and Betterment for Business.
- Develop and contribute to the overall business and operational strategy of both businesses, serving as member of the cross-functional leadership team.
- Set our customer acquisition strategy by sizing and defining market segments, understanding the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing and differentiation.
- Lead a go-to-market strategy and ensure alignment on all new product feature announcements spanning all marketing disciplines including brand & buzz, lead generation, sales enablement and CRM efforts across multiple target audiences.
- Define and drive the paid and earned strategy to drive brand awareness.
- Partner with sales and relationship management team to enable better conversations with prospects and existing clients through education, thought leadership and promotions.
- Connect marketing efforts to revenue goals and market penetration through measurement and attribution frameworks.
- Identify, explore and execute growth and distribution partnerships for Betterment for Business.
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns.
- Partner with internal teams (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Content) to influence the marketing agenda.
- Motivate, mentor, and develop the existing team.
You will be effective if you have:
- 8+ years experience in B2B marketing in financial services or high growth technology environment.
- Broad experience across core marketing functions: demand generation, content marketing, SEO, product marketing, communications and brand development.
- An ability to roll up your sleeves to make things happen with your team and colleagues.
- Empathy for your target customer and team.
- Highly analytical, organized and results driven.
- A knack for storytelling in both written and verbal form.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $13 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 330,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!