This role is to act as a Tomcat/DevOps Administrator for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The candidate will be responsible for managing our DevOps Toolchain, which includes Ansible, Artifactory, Jenkins, and BitBucket. The candidate will assist developers with moving their legacy systems into an automated deployment model. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing recommendations on best practices, application modernization, and adapting to a constantly changing environment.
Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with automating SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- A working understanding of code and script (YAML, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Able to perform under tight deadlines with multiple projects ongoing in tandem
- maintain the Middleware infrastructure (Tomcat, Apache) for the customer's current and new application hosting environments.
- maintain documentation for all middleware servers (e.g. Tomcat, Apache)
- Middleware admin experience in Weblogic and Apache/Tomcat
- maintain patching schedules & version updates, maintain as-built configurations
- monitor server capacity and performance & perform middleware recaps
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps framework
- Automated provisioning (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins)
Familiarity with Configuration Management principles and tools, particularly Git, Jenkins and Splunk
- Familiarity with software system installation
- Experience with system administration including middleware installation and maintenance
- Experience with one or more databases (Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Demonstrated Agile (scrum) Experience
- Ability to lead small project teams
- Familiar with FAA organizations and staff offices
- Able to adapt to a swiftly changing environment
- Knowledgeable about current customer off-the-shelf (COTS) technologies
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems, business systems, management information systems, IT Management, or other IT degree and a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
For Information Technology Systems Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, or Network Analysis/Design/Test, any combination of degree and relevant experience will be considered if the relevant experience requirement is satisfied.
- The ability to successfully obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
For more information on this or any other position, chat one-on-one with our recruiters during our weekly virtual chat event every Thursday at 12:00pm EST.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information