Customer Service Assistant- (18010296)
H-E-B Job Title Customer Service Assistant
Minimum Salary 9.5 Midpoint Salary 9.5
DepartmentService / Central Checkout
As a Customer Service Assistant, you will be responsible for packaging groceries and assisting customers in transporting their merchandise from the store to their vehicle.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... recognition of what needs to be done before you're told?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... a desire to help get the job done, whatever it takes?
We are looking for:
- willingness to be attentive to customers' needs
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Packages, transports, and loads customers' purchases to vehicle
- Assists in unloading merchandise from baskets
- Assists customers in locating merchandise
- Gathers baskets and picks up trash inside and outside store
- Maintains and stocks bag areas
- Returns products to proper locations
- Stocks and stages bags; stocks check stand supplies
- Distributes Buddy bucks to registers, replaces anti-fatigue mats
- Does Carts & Parts basket relocation and power-washing basket relocation for department setup
- Performs red basket fill up / retrieval
- Cleans, mops, dusts, sweeps, vacuums check stand area, Return Center, and CCO area to maintain store cleanliness and safety
- Company Orientation
- Basics of Safety
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with customers and be attentive to their needs
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity and efficiency standards
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk
- Occasionally reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, loud noises, ambient temperatures, and wet conditions
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 50 lbs, and manage in excess of 30 lbs. It is the responsibility of the individual partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as-Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day