- Work collaboratively with SCCA leaders to develop standard metrics based on the analytical needs of the organization and effectively present this information to key customers.
- Interview business partners to obtain requirements for data, reports, analyses, visualization functionality and create content to specifications, designing with the goal of reduced reliance, over time, on the BI department.
- Perform data discovery on a variety of data sources to gain understanding of the data to be analyzed. Utilize SQL or other data management tools to compile and structure datasets to support meaningful analysis.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the analyst community and the organization by efficiently sharing key learnings and promoting business intelligence capabilities with business partners.
- Clearly communicate and explain methodology and analytic approach of work products to both analytic and non-analytic audiences. Provide supporting technical and business documentation for data definitions and processes.
- BA/BS in healthcare informatics, business/healthcare administration or other similar degree
- 2 years of experience working with data (data development/business intelligence/analytics)
- Strong analytical and investigative mind, curious, highly logical
- Passion for data, analytics, business intelligence, data visualization and innovation
- Ability to learn new tools and content (e.g. data sources) quickly and independently
- Strong communication skills, especially between operational staff and supervisors as well as hospital administrators
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal
- Efficient/good time management
- Ability to create high-quality analytic work products
- Familiarity with healthcare industry and terminology and/or experience working with healthcare data (e.g. scheduling, billing, clinical, research data)
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of business intelligence tools and capabilities (e.g. SSMS, Tableau, OLAP, R or other statistics packages, data warehousing, data modeling)
- Intermediate SQL, Tableau, experience with BI principles, data visualization, design, and delivery
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
Our Commitment to Diversity