The Care Coordinator is responsible for facilitating patient’s enhanced care coordination services, including those in Mental Health/Substance Abuse. The coordinator provides invaluable support to the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Team. This position assists in provider support activities related to patient care, patient education, documentation of chronic medical conditions, documentation of preventive services, medication reconciliation, and coordination of patient check-out and follow-up. The Care Coordinator will ensure that eligible patients receive timely, high quality and efficient health care and support services through the development of a multi-disciplinary care plan, self-management goals and referrals to both internal and external resources. Must support the mission of CHCL and be comfortable in a culture of customer service and continual improvement.
- Education: High school graduation or GED equivalent
- Licensure: N/A
- Certification: Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years’ progressively responsible healthcare-related experience; additional related education may exchange for required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Expertise: Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrate excellent time management skills and prioritization; demonstrate excellent customer service skills and cultural; excellent follow through skills and attention to detail; ability to work effectively with a diverse population/cultural differences; ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines; proven data analysis skills; proficient in software applications such as Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint; knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHRs); have a clear understanding of HIPAA and ability to adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines
- Language: Prefer Bilingual English/Spanish
- Travel: Some
- Hours of Work: 8am-5pm M-F with some weekend/evening work
- Education: Some college or vocational school
- Licensure: Medical assistant certification
- Certification: Community Health Worker certification and Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Experience: Three (3) years’ progressively responsible healthcare-related experience
- Expertise: Prior experience with care coordination in a medical setting; prior experience with managing competing priorities; experienced with public speaking, group training; experience in Project Coordination; have basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Language: Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ensure and/or remain in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation including Joint Commission, HRSA, etc.
- Identify and utilize cultural and community resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with identified service providers
Other Job Requirements
- Support Mission and Values (Teamwork, Service, Excellence, & Respect) of CHCL at all times
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Be flexible to meet the needs of our patients.
- Adhere to all safety standards and protocols.
- Actively engage in Daily Huddles and support team toward continuous improvement.
- Adhere to standard processes and procedures, following the chain of command to raise any issues.
- Adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations regarding the protection of the patient’s health information.
- Promote our Healthy Kids Club and encourage membership.
- Actively refer to CHCL clinics.
- Foster a positive work environment.
- Represent the agency in a positive manner.
- Keep any licenses or certification including CPR up to date.
- Inform supervisor immediately if there is a change in your criminal background status.