The Associate Merchandise Manager will develop and execute merchandise and buying strategies for Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc's Younger Girls (ages 3-6.5) Consumer Category. This individual will analyze the business and collaborate with many areas and departments within the corporation in addition to external partners.
- Develops and executes merchandise strategy for specific consumer group including product assortment, lifecycle, pricing, and promotion for all stores in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark and China.
- Analyzes historical and current selling data to drive the buy strategy for future seasons
- Stays up to date on pop culture and trends in the market; brainstorms with cross functional team members to generate ideas for upcoming product.
- Monitors product assortment to forecast; buys inventory needed to efficiently drive the business
- Ensures clear communication and effective collaboration with cross-functional teams including Design, Development, Planning, Allocations, and Marketing to ensure product drives the business
- Frequently presents product and detailed buy plans to Leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years of related merchandising experience required
- Previous buying/merchandising experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and detail orientated skills
- Experience preparing and giving presentations
- Ability to plan, organize, and be adaptable to changes
Build-A-Bear Workshop offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunity, and a comprehensive benefits package! Come join the fun at the leading company for experiential retail and a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work for nine years in a row!
Please apply online @ http://careers.buildabear.com/Careers.aspx Choose Corporate Office Opportunities/World Bearquarters/then choose Strategic Planning