Sutherland is seeking a reliable and detail-oriented person to join us as a Data Entry Specialist. We are a group of driven and hard-working individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
Performs basic clerical accounting duties involving routine calculations; verifications; and postings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following tasks may be performed with an emphasis on general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, or any combination of these areas:
Process or compile financial data or records according to standard procedures and methods.
Check completeness and mathematical accuracy of routine accounting documents. Make basic adjustments with the appropriate concurrence of a supervisor.
Post accounting information where the identification and location of postings are clearly indicated.
Refer discrepancies to higher level personnel for assistance.
Perform routine classification and/or coding to appropriate transaction accounts.
Type and or file vouchers, invoices, or similar items.
Our most successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a year of directly related work experience; or
- Formal trade or technical training with six to twelve months directly related work experience
- General Working knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be customer service oriented
- Knowledge of company and departmental practice and procedures related to department activities
Original job posting