What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Our Radeon Techologies Group is looking for an experienced 3D Generalist with core expertise in environmental asset creation for real-time game engines.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of general 3D workflows and modular based, performance friendly asset creation methodologies. Passionate and self motivated, you are able work in a remote, team based environment on high end technology projects for real-time applications.
Responsible for timely delivery of assigned tasks. Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Creation of various in-game assets for high end demos and/or VR/AR productions
- Creation of material libraries for future projects
- Development of optimized asset creation workflows
- Scene layout and asset placement inside Unreal Engine 4 Editor
- Level editing and level dressing
- Creation of decals and other props to dress a scene nicely
- Level lighting and look development based on concept art
- Asset adjustment and optimization based on director feedback
- White box modeling and prototype development
- Tasks execution assigned by Art Director
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 3 + years of work experience in the gaming industry or other real-time based productions
- Strong understanding of PBR based workflows
- Exceptional modeling skills in hard surface and environmental modeling
- Good eye and observation skills for making things look photo-real
- Ability to create highest quality assets by maintaining a real-time friendly performance for desktop and/or VR/AR applications
- Strong texturing skills and ability to work with texture atlases
- Strong communication skills in the English language
- General knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 Editor
- Solid understanding of UV layout for efficient texture usage and light-map baking
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine's material editor, material functions and other shader functionalities.
- Ability to create modular based assets for a kit-based workflow
- Good eye for composition and asset presentation
- Excellent knowledge of high poly workflows, sub-D modeling or sculpting applications
- Ability to generate clean normal maps from high poly assets
- Understanding of lights, lighting and how they bring assets to their best look
- General knowledge of clean level working, naming conventions and scene hierarchy
- Ability to work in a team and to integrate director feedback into own work.
- Understanding of LOD system in Unreal Engine 4
- Ability to work from home
- Self-motivated work, working with and without direct supervision
- Ability to finish tasks within a given timeframe
Additional skills as pluses :
- Shipped game titles using Unreal Engine 4
- General knowledge of particle effects creation inside Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in procedural modeling approaches like Houdini Engine
- Strong understanding of light map creation inside UE4
- Ability to create custom rigs and short animations for various small moving props
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine's Blueprint system
- Knowledge of Substance Designer
The candidate who is chosen for this position will become part of an elite team essential to the success of AMD. This is a very exciting environment and you will be working on cutting edge projects with the very best and brightest minds in our industry.
Requisition Number: 60624
Country: United States State: Washington City: Bellevue
Job Function: Software Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.