Job DescriptionWe are conducting a targeted search for an Accounting Analyst to work for our Energy client in Charlotte, NC
Length of W-2 Contract Assignment: 8+ months, possible renewal assignment
Locations: Charlotte, NC
Pay Rate $60.00/Hour W-2 pay rate maximum with all requirements met (Straight W-2, no relocation assistance, no benefits)
Corp-Corp Rate: No Corp-Corp, No Third Party, Client does not support H1B or EAD
Work Authorization Required: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, those Authorized to work in the US
Recruiter: Cindy Rincavage firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will report to the Manager of Accounting for the client’s utility within the Controller’s department and is responsible for FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), GAAP and business unit segment reporting on a monthly basis.
This position will support accurate financial reporting for the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows as well as other ad hoc reporting needs.
This position will focus on the month-end close process, including journal entries and account reconciliations, and the financial reporting process for the Client.
- Perform analysis and research ad-hoc requests, develop reporting, and effectively present results for management review and decision making.
- Provide accounting and financial reporting and analysis to management and customers.
- Preparation and review of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis, and financial statement analysis.
- Maintain good working knowledge of accounting policies and impacts as required. Coordinate and assist in implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Prepare and review financial schedules and assist in review of data requests, internal and external reporting, and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) filings.
- Prepare and present analysis of earnings and other financial data for management reporting on a monthly basis.
- Work with internal and external auditors, providing necessary information and answering questions as needed
- Perform research of GAAP accounting issues and preparation of accounting position papers. Perform and assist in research of regulatory accounting issues including rate case support, new rate orders, modifications, and implementation.
- Maintain proper business and financial processes to ensure adherence to internal controls.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions
Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience
- GAAP experience is a MUST HAVE
- 6+ years of increasingly diverse or complex experience in related field in addition to degree (or equivalent years of experience in lieu of a degree as shown above)
- Proficient using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Possesses and applies fundamental accounting and finance concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with financial applications (i.e., PeopleSoft FMIS, Power Plant, etc.) and query tool (Business Objects)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Public accounting experience
- 6+ years of work experience in a finance-related field
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Manager needs someone who can come in and hit the ground running. Someone who can run with a task with little direction.
- Cash flow experience is definitely needed.
- CPA preferred.
- This is a small department that should have 6 people and currently has three.
- They are all people who come from corporate accounting and large accounting firms so they want the same. GAAP experience is a MUST HAVE.
- PeopleSoft experience is what they are using and is highly preferred. They also want someone who has a very assertive personality who can engage you on the phone and has a sense of urgency. This group operates at a higher rate of speed than others. He wants someone also who can lead. He will only consider local candidates. May have the potential to convert to a full time position.
If you are qualified with the requirements listed above, send your resume to Cindy Rincavage for review and consideration: email@example.com